Over the past few years, market research has taken off and become an industry norm, from start-ups to fortune 500 companies. It is in such demand there are businesses that operate exclusively to provide market research – so it’s no longer a matter of knowing market research is important, it’s a matter of knowing the right questions to ask.
If you, or someone you know is launching a new business plan, product or service, it’s best to test the waters before jumping right in.
Here’s a list of some of the top customer research questions to get you started:
- What is your age?
- What is your gender?
- What is your household size?
- What is your household income?
- What is your profession?
- What is your education level?
- Where do you live?
- You may want to ask about their interests, hobbies, opinions or anything else that will help you learn more about your customers.
Buying Pattern Questions
- Do you ever purchase _______?
- If so, who in your household makes the buying decision?
- Where do you go when you are looking for _______?
- How often do you purchase _______?
- How long does it take you to make a buying decision?
- What is your typical budget for _______?
- How far would you travel to make the purchase?
- What features do you look for when you purchase _______?
- What specific benefits do you look for in _______?
- What problems motivate you to purchase _______?
- What needs are you trying to meet when you purchase _______?
- How do you hope _______will make your life better?
These questions along with our webinar Crimes in Survey Design can provide a starting point for your consumer market research efforts.